Whether you are an overseas or UK based landlord we understand that maintaining your investment property can be time consuming and you may not have the resources to do so.
We have a dedicated team of fully ARLA accredited property managers to offer support for any maintenance or property queries that may arise.
Our services include:
- Ensuring that your property is properly presented in readiness for ‘move in’.
- Providing access for furniture deliveries, where applicable.
- Arranging for an inventory to be prepared in good time prior to check in.
- Arranging the check in with the new tenant and the Inventory Clerk.
- Ensuring there are sufficient keys and security fobs etc for the ingoing tenants. These may need to be ordered.
- Arranging a Landlords gas safety check and boiler service to be carried out, if applicable.
- Ensuring the collection of the monthly rent.
- Chasing late/outstanding rents.
- Liaising with insurance companies, where applicable, in the event of problems with rent collection.
- Collecting the tenants’ deposit, and then forward it to the DPS to hold until the end of the tenancy.
- Notifying the tenant within 30 days of the details of the deposit scheme you will be using for the property.
- Conducting periodic inspections and act upon the Inventory Clerk’s recommendations where necessary.
- Dealing with all tenant’s questions and problems.
- Arranging for contractors to deal with repairs and maintenance issues.
- Organising insurance quotations in the event of major repairs.
- Liaising with loss adjusters and insurance companies in the event of major repairs.
- Providing access for trades in the event of repairs, accompanying where necessary.
- Dealing with contractors’ accounts.
- Arranging for the check out at the end of a tenancy.
- Negotiating dilapidations and deductions with the tenant.
- Liaising with the DPS for refund of the deposit to tenant.
- Organise cleaning of the property, replacement of damaged or missing items. Arrange quotations and oversee redecoration or refurbishment prior to remarketing the property where required.
- Advise utility companies and local authority when tenants have vacated and provide forwarding addresses for any outstanding charges.
We collect all rental monies monthly and forward them directly into your bank, along with a monthly statement of account. We also pursue any rent arrears and can advise and assist in any legal proceedings if necessary.
We organise a full professional clean of the property before your new tenant moves in, ensure all furnishings are useable and the right number of keys are cut. If the property needs refurbishment or redecoration we will advise you on the best course of action, we can arrange for this to be carried out by our specialist trades people and will always provide a quote before going ahead with any works.
We book all inventory check ins and check outs through an independent 3rd party company who draft an in-depth report of your properties condition, including furnishings, fittings and exteriors.
We carry out periodic property visits for each managed property and draft a condition report which we send to you and the tenant. We also ensure that your property complies with current legislation and arrange for safety certificates when required.
We contact relevant utility companies and local authority to ensure accounts are transferred, provide forwarding addresses for any outstanding charges and arrange for settlement of any final bills.
Over the past 18 years we have made excellent working relationships with many contractors who are all fully qualified and insured in their trade. This means we can have a quote, at an affordable rate, promptly put forward to you for any queries or maintenance issues that may pop up in your property. In case of emergency, like a gas or water leak, we would act as an agent of necessity and have a contractor visit your property immediately without authorization from the landlord to ensure the property is safe.
If requested, we can arrange for contents and rent guarantee insurance.
When a tenancy ends, we will prepare a check out report, based on ARLA’s guidelines and dilapidations claims, and negotiate any deposit deductions on your behalf. If no agreement can be reached, the dispute will be referred to the deposit scheme’s arbitration service. We will arrange to have the property cleaned and prepared for the next tenancy or for your return.